Lana’s Big Boobs
Lana made her main roster debut on the January 31 episode of SmackDown, where she and Rusev in the following weeks appeared in a series of self-promotional videos and speeches. In early May, Lana began dedicating Rusev’s matches to her “hero”, President of Russia Vladimir Putin, as well as adopting an anti-American, Russophilic gimmick. She initially lived in New York City, where she danced at the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater, Ballet Hispanico, Broadway Dance Center, and Martha Graham Center of Contemporary Dance. She later enrolled at Florida State University in Tallahassee, Florida, majoring in dance and acting. While attending FSU, she began attending Florida State Seminoles football games with Jenn Sterger and several other students, cheering from the bleachers while dressed as cowgirls. The students, known as the FSU Cowgirls, entered the public consciousness after being acknowledged by commentator Brent Musburger during a game between the Florida State Seminoles and the Miami Hurricanes that aired on ABC in September 2005.
- At WrestleMania 31, Rusev lost the title to Cena after Rusev accidentally crashed into Lana, knocking her off the ring apron.
- Rae went on to “seduce” Ziggler in order to end his relationship with Lana, but the storyline ended quietly, after WWE announced that Lana had injured her wrist while training.
- On July 23 at Battleground, Lana competed in a five-way elimination match to determine the number one contender for the SmackDown Women’s Championship, where she was eliminated by Becky Lynch.
- Perry went on to work as a backup dancer for performers such as Keri Hilson, Nelly, Pink, Usher, Akon, and Rich Boy.
- She debuted on the October 23, 2013, episode of NXT, under the ring name “Lana”, scouting Alexander Rusev.
Although she did not directly mention it, some media outlets said Lana was making reference to the crash of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17, which happened three days before Battleground, to help build heat for Rusev in his feud against Jack Swagger. Perry went on to work as a backup dancer for performers such as Keri Hilson, Nelly, Pink, Usher, Akon, and Rich Boy. In 2013, she starred alongside Kelley Jakle in the music video for Jakle’s cover of the Paramore song “Ain’t it Fun”. She trained as an actress at The Groundlings School and under the acting coaches Lesly Kahn and Larry Moss. She went on to appear in acting roles such as an episode of The Game in 2011, the lead role in I.C.I.R.U.S. in 2011, the musical comedy film Pitch Perfect in 2012 and the 2015 sequel Pitch Perfect 2, and an episode of Banshee in 2013.
Music And Acting Career
After Ziggler being injured by Rusev, he went to return on the August 17 episode of Raw, aiding Lana during a confrontation with Rusev and Summer Rae. Rae went on to “seduce” Ziggler in order to end his relationship with Lana, but the storyline ended quietly, after WWE announced that Lana had injured her wrist while training. Lana made her return, once again as a villainess, on the November 30 episode of Raw, where she and Rusev referenced their engagement. As a result, Lana faced off Bella in a tag team match at the WrestleMania 32 pre-show, in what would be Lana’s in-ring debut, which her team (dubbed Team B.A.D. & Blonde) lost. Lana made some controversial comments during an in-ring promo prior to Rusev’s match at Battleground, blaming the United States for current world events and praising Putin.